Application Information for 2020-2021 School Year
Thank you for your interest in pursuing an M.S. in Applied Chemical Science and Technology (MSACST) in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Washington. Below you will find information regarding application deadlines and requirements. Please explore our website to learn more about our graduate program and areas of faculty research. We look forward to receiving your application!
1. Application Requirements
- Online Application Deadline:
- Jan 31, 2021 for Autumn Quarter 2021 Admission
- April 30, 2021 for Winter 2022 Admission
- Applications must include all required documentation.
- Applicants must complete the UW Graduate School online application form.
- The non-refundable $85 application fee must be paid by credit card when application is submitted online. (Fee waivers may be available to applicants who qualify for financial need. International applicants expecting a J-1 or F-1 visa are not eligible for application fee waivers.)
2. Educational Background Requirements
- Educational background should be equivalent to that of an undergraduate major in one of the natural sciences or engineering.
- English language proficiency is required for graduate study at the University of Washington. Every applicant whose native language is not English must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency through one of the accepted methods outlined in Memo 8: Graduate School English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- TOEFL iBT: 92
- TOEFL iBT test scores are valid for two years and must be valid on the date the application is submitted.
- No minimum requirement for any of the individual TOEFL iBT sections.
- GRE: no minimum score is required.
3. Required Documentation
- One unofficial transcript from each college and/or university attended for credit (uploaded via the online application website). NOTE: Students who accept admission must submit official transcripts, which will be compared to unofficial transcripts submitted during the application process.
- Three letters of recommendation, coordinated through and uploaded by writers to the online application website.
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Vitae
- For international applicants who are not English exempt: Official TOEFL iBT test score (University of Washington institution code: 4854).