Congratulations to the Chemistry and Biochemistry Class of 2021!
Welcome to the home of the virtual graduation ceremony for the Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Save the Date! The celebration will commence at 5:00 PM (Pacific Time) on Thursday, June 10th, and will be followed with a virtual reception on Zoom.
It’s time to celebrate!
If you are graduating this academic year (December 2020, March 2021, June 2021, or August 2021), you are invited to attend the Chemistry and Biochemistry 2021 Graduation and Awards Recognition Celebration. While we are so saddened that we are still not able to gather in person for celebrations, we are looking forward to celebrating your accomplishments with a virtual graduation ceremony on Thursday, June 10, 2021, at 5 PM (Pacific Time).
RSVP: Graduating students who wish to be included in the ceremony must RSVP online here between April 23 – May 21, 2021.
Student Speakers: We’re looking for a couple of graduates to give commencement speeches as part of this event. We hope to select one biochemistry major and one chemistry major to each give a brief (up to 5 minute) commencement speech. If you are interested in being one of the speakers, please email a one-page abstract of your planned speech to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 5th, 2021. Abstracts will be reviewed by a committee, and a subgroup of students will be invited to present their speeches to the committee via Zoom (likely the following week, May 10-14). Students will be notified of the committee's decision by the 3rd week of May.
We’re still working out the details for our graduation ceremony, so stay tuned for more information!
Questions: Please send any questions to email@example.com.
If you have troubles with the RSVP: There are a couple of things that could cause this, the two most likely are being signed into a google account other than your UW Gmail service/google suite or not being registered for the UWs Gmail service/google suite.
You can try this first.
- Close out of your browser and/or open a brand new window
- Type in the web address bar: www.google.com
- If you are already signed into a Google account, there will be a circle at the top right with either a letter or your profile picture for that account. Click on that circle, and then click “Sign Out” on the bottom right.
- If you are not signed into any account (or you completed step 3), there will be a blue rectangle that reads “Sign in” in the top right corner. Click the rectangle.
- A small window will pop up asking you to sign in. Enter your full UW email address onto the “Email or phone” line (NetID@uw.edu) and click Next.
- You will be redirected to a University of Washington page asking you to enter your UW NetID and corresponding password. (This should look familiar)
- This brings you back to the original Google search page; you are now logged into Google with your UW NetID.
This should resolve your problem. Please go back to the RSVP form, and try again! Do this by clicking the original link, do not use the back button or simply switch tabs or windows.
If that does not work it may be that you need to activate the UWs Gmail service. You can find directions on how to do that below. You do not have to do the steps to forward your email, you only need to activate it and then hopefully you will not get the valid account message any longer.
UW Gmail is the University of Washington’s Google G Suite service providing email, calendar, contacts, and task management. UW Gmail is offered as a service of UW G Suite. Go to the Manage UW G Suite page to activate the service and set your UW G Suite password, then forward your email to UW G Suite.