- UW Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity
The UW Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity (OMAD) creates pathways for diverse populations to access postsecondary opportunities, nurture and support their academic success, and cultivate a campus climate that enriches the educational experience for all.
- UW DO-IT
The DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology) Center is dedicated to empowering people with disabilities through technology and education. It promotes awareness and accessibility—in both the classroom and the workplace—to maximize the potential of individuals with disabilities and make our communities more vibrant, diverse, and inclusive.
- UW Race and Equity Initiative
- UW Diversity Blueprint
- Diversity Related Resources for Faculty and Staff at UW
- Equity Focus, UW’s hub for stories highlighting diversity and equity
- UW Board of Regents Diversity Statement
Primary Literature and Reports
- Team-Up Report, AIP, 2020: The Time is Now: Systemic Changes to Increase African Americans with Bachelor’s Degrees in Physics and Astronomy. Report from the American Institute of Physics TEAM-UP group, culminating in a list of recommendations for individual faculty, departments, or professional societies.
- Diversity and Inclusion in STEMM Collection from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
- Reducing achievement gaps in undergraduate general chemistry could lift underrepresented students into a “hyperpersistent zone”, Science Advances, 2020.
- The Diversity-Innovation Paradox in Science, PNAS, 2020.
- Bait and Switch: Representation, Climate, and Tensions of Diversity Work in Graduate Education, The Review of Higher Education, 2019.
Resources for Writing Diversity Statements
- Developing and Writing a Diversity Statement, Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching
- The Effective Diversity Statement, Inside Higher Education 2016