Stefan grew up in South Tyrol in the north of Italy. He studied chemical engineering at University of Technology Graz (Austria), at the same time earning a degree in performing arts from University of Music and Performing Arts Graz. He received a Ph.D. in physical chemistry from ETH Zürich (Switzerland), working in the group of Arthur Schweiger on computational methods for electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) spectroscopy. As a postdoctoral research with R. David Britt at University of California Davis, he applied EPR spectroscopy to study the structure and catalytic mechanisms of metalloenzymes. Stefan joined UW in 2011. Outside of work, he enjoys hiking in the gorgeous Pacific Northwest and playing flute.
- Canarie, E. R.; Jahn, S.; Stoll, S. Quantitative Structure-Based Prediction of Electron Spin Decoherence in Organic Radicals. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2020, 11, 3396–3400
- Sweger, S. R.; Pribitzer, S.; Stoll, S. Bayesian Probabilistic Analysis of DEER Spectroscopy Data Using Parametric Distance Distribution Models. J. Phys. Chem. A 2020, 124, 6193–6202
- Evans, E. G. B.; Morgan, J. L. W.; DiMaio, F.; Zagotta, W. N.; Stoll, S. Allosteric conformational change of a cyclic nucleotide-gated ion channel revealed by DEER spectroscopy. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2020, 117, 10839–10847
- Fellowships, Awards & Honors: Faculty & Postdocs - August 20, 2021
- Faculty Promotions: Chatterjee, Stoll, and Zalatan - August 6, 2021
- Stefan Stoll recognized by the International EPR Society - April 28, 2021
- Stefan Stoll promoted to Associate Professor with Tenure - April 14, 2018