Welcome to the UW Department of Chemistry Community Job Board
We post job listings to this page for the convenience of students and alumni. Disclaimer: The Department of Chemistry does not endorse or verify opportunities offered by non-UW entities.
Do you have an opportunity to share? Email the details to the front desk.
- Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry, Hofstra University: Review of applications will begin 10/01/23.
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, U.S. Air Force Academy: Apply by 9/15/2023. Seeking two assistant professors, one in Biochemistry and one in Inorganic Chemistry. These two positions are tenure track full-time appointments beginning Fall 2024. The primary function of this position is to instruct at the undergraduate level and support the core chemistry sequence of general chemistry I & II. This position is a federal employee announcement. To apply and for more information, visit the job posting at usajobs.gov. Contact Dr. Todd Davis (todd.davis [at] afacademy [dot] af.edu) with questions.
- Assistant Professor - Biochemistry - Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, California State University, Northridge. Screening of applications will begin 10/02/23.
- Assistant Professor - Organic Chemistry - Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, California State University, Northridge. Screening of applications will begin 9/29/23.
Tenure-Track Position in Chemistry - Physical Chemistry, Berea College
- Assistant or Associate Professor, Tenure-Track, Inorganic Chemistry, Baylor University: Apply by October 1, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
- Data Scientist, eScience Institute, University of Washington (remote/hybrid)
- Assistant Professor of Analytical Chemistry, Lehigh University: For full consideration, applications should be received online by October 15, 2023.
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Pacific Lutheran University
- Research Scientist/Engineer 3 (Project/Temporary), UW Bioengineering
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Carleton College: Priority consideration will be given to applications received by September 15, 2023.
- Assistant/Associate Professor at Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, and Medicine Interface (Sarafan ChEM-H), Stanford University: To ensure full consideration, applications should be submitted by October 4, 2023.
- Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry, St. Olaf College
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry (experimental physical chemistry), Carleton College: Priority consideration will be given to applications received by September 15, 2023.
- Postdoctoral Associate--Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Thiede group, Cornell University
The Biological Mechanisms of Healthy Aging T32 training grant at the University of Washington has several post and pre-doc openings coming up over the next year:
2 Postdoc Openings beginning 1/15/24 - Applications due by October 15, 2023
1 Postdoc Opening beginning 3/15/24 - Applications due by January 1, 2024
1 Postdoc Opening beginning 7/15/24 - Applications due by January 1, 2024
Applications will be received on a rolling basis but applications submitted by the deadlines will be given priority. Link to application process- please indicate which opening is being applied for.
- Employment in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Washington
National Labs / Government
- Fellow, Advanced Research Projects Agency – Energy (ARPA-E): ARPA-E is an agency within the Department of Energy that funds high-risk, high-impact energy technologies. We are looking for creative early-career scientists and engineers to help direct the future of American energy innovation. The ARPA-E Fellowship is a prestigious, two-year, full-time, paid federal position in Washington, D.C. The position is open to current U.S. citizens who have received a STEM Ph.D. within the last five years or plan to defend within the next one year. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Chemist 4 - DOH7446, Washington State Department of Health Newborn Screening Lab: The Chemist 4 will serve as the Designated Specialist for Newborn Screening (NBS) Method Development and Associated Accreditation Requirements (College of American Pathologists).
Industry / NGO
- Membrion is hiring R&D Technicians. Membrion is a spin-out of the UW’s Department of Chemical Engineering. Membrion’s purpose is to create circularity of the world’s most valuable resources. Our initial focus is on water, and we work with the world’s largest companies to help them recover and reuse the wastewater they generate. Our award-winning ceramic desalination membranes enable us to efficiently treat impossibly challenging wastewater. We just closed a $12.5 million series B-round and are looking to expand our team!
- Jobs at Reel Foods
- Synthetic Organic Chemist, GelbChem
- Banyu Carbon is hiring! Seeking a Lead Research & Development Chemist/Engineer in Ion Transport.
- UW Career & Internship Center calendar (featuring workshops hosted by UW staff, campus career fairs and select events hosted by employers)
- American Chemical Society job listings: Chemical & Engineering News jobs
- AAAS Science job listings: Science Careers
- Association for Women in Science (AWIS) Career Center
- Careers at Boeing
- Eli Lilly and Company frequently hires analytical chemists. Positions listed as “Research Scientist” are typically for PhD level candidates (or BS/MS with equivalent work experience), whereas associate, consultant, etc. are usually BS/MS level positions.
- Benchspace job listings: Benchspace laboratory job opportunities; Subscribe to the Benchspace monthly newsletter
- WHO jobs