Welcome to the UW Department of Chemistry Community Job Board
We post job listings to this page for the convenience of students and alumni. Disclaimer: The Department of Chemistry does not endorse or verify opportunities offered by non-UW entities.
Do you have an opportunity to share? Email the details to the front desk.
- Safety Professional 2 (temp), University of Washington Environmental Health & Safety Department
- E-Campus Instructor in General & Organic Chemistry, Oregon State University
- Organic and General Chemistry Laboratory Instructor, Oregon State University
- Tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor - Chemistry, Colorado School of Mines: emphasis on candidates in physical chemistry.
- Post-doctoral Trainee, Biological Mechanisms of Healthy Aging Training Program, UW Medicine: apply by April 15 for positions beginning in October 2023.
- Preceptor, Chemistry, Yale University. Positions begin on August 1, 2023.
- Postdoctoral researcher (carbon dioxide utilization, carbon dioxide capture, or Ni-catalyzed synthetic methods), Department of Chemistry, Yale University. Contact Nilay Hazari for information.
- Director of a Catalysis Center, Department of Chemistry, Yale University. (Postdoctoral level or above.) Contact Nilay Hazari for information.
- Postdoctoral Researcher (synthetic inorganic chemistry and electrochemistry), Ménard Group, University of Calgary: Candidates should send an email with their CV, cover letter, brief research summary, and contact information for at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Start date is as soon as possible.
- Employment in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Washington
National Labs / Government
Industry / NGO
- Synthetic Organic Chemist, GelbChem
- Senior Scientist I - Proteomics, Revolution Medicines: contact Dr. Caroline Weller (Ph.D. 2017, Chatterjee group)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Early Discovery Biochemistry / Peptide Therapeutics, Fairbrother Lab, Genentech
- Research Associate - Medicinal Chemistry, Gilead (Seattle site). Desired qualifications: lab experience and either a bachelor's or master's degree.
- Field Service Technician, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments
- Senior Calibration Engineer (Spectroscopy), Yard Stick (Oakland, CA)
- Banyu Carbon is hiring! Seeking a Lead Research & Development Chemist/Engineer in Ion Transport.
- UW Career & Internship Center calendar (featuring workshops hosted by UW staff, campus career fairs and select events hosted by employers)
- American Chemical Society job listings: Chemical & Engineering News jobs
- ACS Puget Sound Section job listings: Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Job Postings
- AAAS Science job listings: Science Careers
- Association for Women in Science (AWIS) Career Center
- Careers at Boeing
- Eli Lilly and Company frequently hires analytical chemists. Positions listed as “Research Scientist” are typically for PhD level candidates (or BS/MS with equivalent work experience), whereas associate, consultant, etc. are usually BS/MS level positions.
- Benchspace job listings: Benchspace laboratory job opportunities; Subscribe to the Benchspace monthly newsletter
- WHO jobs