Undergraduate Student Club
Free Radicals is the main undergraduate student club for chemistry and biochemistry majors. Contact: email@example.com. Club news can be received by subscribing to the Free Radicals ACS Student Chapter/Phi Lambda Upsilon email list. To subscribe, visit https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/, enter PLUUW, and then subscribe.
Other Student Organizations
- Alpha Chi Sigma is the University of Washington chapter of the national student organization for chemistry and biochemistry majors. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phi Lambda Upsilon is the UW affiliate of the national chemistry honorary society. Contact: email@example.com.
- See also Campus Community and Student Organizations
Community Service Opportunities
- Riverways Education Partnerships is a K-12 outreach program that connects undergraduate students from the University of Washington with educational and service opportunities in local and regional schools and community organizations through tutoring and mentoring. Students can earn credit for service by registering for EDUC 401.
- The Dream Project is a service-learning course and UW program supporting middle and high school students in the greater Puget Sound area with college access and post-secondary planning through near peer mentorship. UW students can earn credit for service with the Dream Project by registering for EDUC 260/401/369.
- The Community Engagement and Leadership Education (CELE) Center at the University of Washington provides students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to contribute to thriving communities; building authentic community and campus partnerships drive our work.