The Department of Chemistry offers mentoring primarily through the faculty that serve as a given student's academic research advisor. Graduate students in Chemistry can also seek mentoring from any of our faculty as needed. Additionally, there are other mentoring resources that graduate students can take advantage of as listed below.
- UW Chem Mentoring
- UW Graduate School Mentoring Guides for Students
- Chem WMN - Chemistry Women Mentorship Network
- CWD - Center for Workforce Development
- Mentornet - The e-mentoring network for diversity in engineering and science
- WEPAN - Women in Engineering Programs & Advocates Network
- UW Career & Internship Center
- UW Postdoctoral Association
- UW Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- Women in Science & Engineering conference
- Professor Sarah Keller's resource page for students, postdocs, and faculty
- Job Resource -- a job listing engine with positions in private and public organizations nationally.
- Job Spectrum -- a service of ACS. Job Spectrum is a comprehensive career website offering chemistry jobs and career development resources: data on degrees and employment in the chemical labor force; resources for more effective resume writing, interviewing, networking, and negotiating; chemical employment trends; and salary information.
- Biotech Jobs -- Latest Washington State Biotech Jobs